Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Get used to writing 2008!


Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I've been reflecting tonight, thinking over this past year. SO MUCH has happened and changed. Attitudes, relationships, career decisions...I can't even begin to get that personal on this blog (ha!). But trust me, the Lord has done some miraculous, as well as quiet, acts in my life since 2007 started. 

Isn't it amazing to look back and see the Lord's hand carrying you and leading you, even during times when you felt as if He'd left you? I love that, as years pass, we can gain a bigger perspective on our lives. We can truly see the hand of God at work. It's like we are writing our own story, and we can look back on it and be encouraged. 

Looking back is great, but looking forward is another thing. The uncertainty of the future can be burdensome. I just want to encourage you, with whatever you are facing come 2008, you may not know exactly what is going to happen next, but if you're a believer in Jesus, you know where your story will reach it's climactic scene: before the throne of God in heaven where you will hear the sweet voice of our Savior saying, "Well done." God has given us this great climactic scene for our stories...and we take that scene and we get to be creative with the journey on the way to that scene. We live our lives in light of the climactic scene. 

So...two verses that sum this up:
1. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:14)
2. Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. (Phil 1:27)

Hope you all have a delightful January 1, 2008! 

No comments: