My upstairs neighbors are being awfully loud. I don't like loud upstairs neighbors, but it's more something to laugh at than a real annoyance. Megan and I always pretend we're going to throw things at the ceiling and yell at them. We have fun with it. :)
Just in case anyone wants to know, there is no women's restroom on the third floor of A-Hall at HSU. I found that out the awkwardly embarrassing way today. I was walking around in a happy bubble and missed the sign that was blaring "MEN." But...as soon as I walked in, I knew something was wrong. This was my thought line that all took place in about 2 seconds: Whoa, they redid the floors in here, when did that happen? Hey they moved the mirror too. It smells funny in here. (Then as I realized...) Oh...my...gosh. Am I in the men's restroom?! Quick! Look for urinals...AHH! (And I was out of there!)
At least no one saw me.
I never realized how huge a part coffee played in my life. Since going to the dentist and having my revelation about not drinking sugar filled Starbucks, I've been asked to coffee dozens of times. Seriously. Want to go study? Starbucks. Want to get together to catch up? Starbucks. Want to go for a drive? Inevitably we end up at...Starbucks. But be proud, I've only gotten a drink a couple of times. I'm taking good care of my teeth!
Speaking of coffee, I went to Starbucks the other day (and didn't drink any coffee!) and saw my friend Cherith who just had her first child about 6 months ago. She and her hubby are pregnant again! :) :) I'm excited!
Today was my interview for Pine Cove! Oh, it was so good! If nothing else, it was really fun to sit down with a complete stranger and get to talk about what I believe and what the Lord has been teaching me.
Geez, the upstairs neighbors are being really loud! I want to ask them what in the heck they are doing up there.
Anyway, something interesting happened though, at my interview. I was asked what one of my biggest weaknesses was and I immediately responded, "Pride." As soon as it came out of my mouth I was thinking, Where did that come from? Sure, everyone struggles with pride, but if I had taken a moment to think, I would have said something like, "Oh, my biggest weakness is worrying too much about what others think of me and letting that define me." Which is a big weakness of mine. But instead, pride came out. Fascinating. It's like my insides knew it, but my mind didn't. So I've been chewing on that all day. And I've realized it's very true.
What a long post! I haven't had a post this long in a long while! And I also haven't had a post this random in a while. Did you catch the reference to Homestarrunner.com in the post title? Anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment