Knowledge means nothing unless it is put into practice...Here are some verses and thoughts that have made a huge difference to me today.
"Do not love the world or anything in the world...The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." I John 2:15, 17
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." Mat 6:24
He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot.
I've had ants in my pants or something spawning me on in this race trying to keep up with earthly possessions. I mean I have been freaking out. I admit it- I've held on to the things of the world with a death grip. And the tighter I hold, the more things get out of control. Jesus offers so much peace and we turn Him down for...what? I do not know...but I do it all the time. I want to follow the Voice full of untamed splendor and persistent beauty.
Sweet Jesus forgive me. Be so near. Thank you for this realization, help me put it into practice so that Your name may be praised and honored. Oh how much I love you. Clarity, Lord, please give clarity and rest. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment