Monday, August 6, 2007

The World Spins Madly On

"You can spend your whole life working for something just to have it taken away." -Brett Dennen

My new music love is Brett Dennen. He's great to chill out to. This one line in his song, Ain't No Reason, stuck out to me. That line could seem really tragic, but it depends on your focus. It is a harsh reality, that everything on earth is subject to decay and disappearance. But that is all the more reason to pursue eternal things and hold lightly to the material things of the world. I keep coming back to that thought. This verse sums it up perfectly and completely:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Mat 6:19-21

Our spiritual "things"- our soul, our salvation, our God-molded hearts, our pursuit of His heart- those things can never be taken away from us. No matter what. I think it's awesome that Brett Dennen and the Bible can even be saying the same thing there. God can use any and every means to get His message across. :)

1 comment:

Mallory King said...

Your SOOO AMAZING !!! .... Thank you for your sweet emcouragment ... I actually message Sarah Huffman on the O'l Facebook to ask her the same questions I asked you ... I love that she was so bold and started her own business !! You both fill me with Inspiration! ... Caroline the way you use color and angles and light ... its really beautiful ... Also your subject matters inspire me to ... I want to go take pick every time I look at yours :-) ... I do use Photo Shop, but its one that cam with my Camera ... Before I left for my Summer in Kenya I bought the Canon Rebel XTi ... and Its Amazing !! ... What do you use ?? and id love to know your Lenses and what Photo SHop program you use too ... Mac? Anyways, please know that Your words inspire me aswell, your heart is beautiful the way it opens up on a page and I love and admire so much you Trust in the Lord ... not just a belief but firm Trust! ... I Love that our God is bigger than we can even imagine ... and I love that he puts people in our lives to relate to ... your imcrediable !!
We need to have a Photo Fun Day the next time im in ABilene !