Saturday, August 4, 2007

You are a window the sun shines through

Hi everyone, I finally got to go take some pictures! I just went around town looking for cool details and textures. Here's some of my favorites that I came up with. I know it's not as interesting as people (and it wasn't nearly as much fun) but it's always nice to try something a little different...





I especially like the last one with "grace" written on the side of a dumpster. Just cool.
Today was also Cherith's baby shower! She's due in September. It's just crazy to see all my best friends growing up around me, getting married, having babies...amazing! Cherith is the first of all the friends from HS to have a baby! This was my favorite picture. Little baby shoes! Nothing is sweeter when it comes to baby stuff :)
One thing that was so amazing at this mother-daughter baby shower was all our moms. It was amazing to sit back and watch Cherith open gifts and then hear my mom and my friend's moms lean over and make remarks about how, "Oh, she'll use those plenty" and, "When Elizabeth was a baby, that was her favorite thing" and "When I was in labor with Karen..." The stories that have been cherished in their hearts came through not only their words, but their facial expressions- looks of motherly joy, the "knowing" look, and contented radiance. It was amazing and humbling at the same time. They had all been there, they knew the joys and the pain; they deserve such honor. Sometimes I get frustrated with my mom for "mothering" me when I'm 21, but I've begun to see things in a different light since this afternoon. Mothers are truely amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.