Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Warning: It gets sappy...

Wow, I've been neglecting the ol' blog! Haven't blogged in a week!

Summer is coming to a close and I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda happy. Summers are wonderful, but too much free time can get boring. And when I have free time I just think and think and think. Too much thinking can get boring too. :) I'm very ready to see friends I've missed and get back to my lovely little apartment (which I rearranged yesterday!).

So highlights since I left you hanging:

1. I went to Dallas for a weekend to see my brother and his wife and their puppy! It was good times had by all.
2. HSM2 Soundtrack came out! Can't wait for the movie. I know I'm a nerd...who cares?
3. Set up a date for our Girls Bible Study leaders to meet and share thoughts, pray, and worship our great God.
4. Found Carla Bruni, a folk singer from France and fell in love with her chilled sound! (Her french album is the best.)

Yep, that's mostly it! I told you...not much going on towards the end of summer.

Can I just share something sappy? One of my favorite things this summer has been the journey towards photography as a career for me. The thing that makes it so special to me is that now I take time to notice the smallest details of beauty throughout the day. It has made me so much more aware of how the Lord's hand is active in our lives. The tiniest thing, like leaves on a green tree, can make me smile and praise my God. And that makes my day so much sweeter. I want to be obsessed with Him. He is so good. Another little thing, I found a quote by Jeff and Julia Woods, a photography couple with FOUR kids, and it just made me happy. Quite honestly, (and this is the full Caroline here, holding nothing back) I wanted to pursue photography in the beginning because I could look cool. I had this mentality that it would be all about me. Terrible pride. But now I see things so much differently. The Lord has opened my eyes again to the fact that I am not here on earth for me, but I am here for Him, and to be his hands, feet, arms, heart, to those around me. I am no longer trying to build myself into an amazing person to be looked at, but I am in awe that the Lord might want to show Himself through me. I am only a vessel...and to be such I need to be empty of all my pride and self-centeredness.

Anyway, here's that quote: “As we grow together with our four children, we continue to learn that our most precious treasure comes from the relationships we share with family and friends. This is what feeds our passion for our profession. We count it a great honor to be given the opportunity to capture images that encourage our clients to embrace the relationships and the special times in their lives.”
–Jeff and Julia Woods

No comments: