Soooo yesterday was a very interesting day. I'll start off with Thursday night: I decided after much back-and-forth-ness NOT to go to the photography seminar. It was just too much of a sacrifice monetarily, time wise (for massive amounts of extra hours put in at work to finance this thing), and school-wise (I'd have to skip a whole week! haha). Sad, sad, sad. But I was ok. I'm hardcore planning and saving to go NEXT year! The whole situation was almost kind of humorous. :) But then Friday, 10:00 came and registration went live. I couldn't help myself! I was sure they would sell out oober fast (they did, the seminar was booked within the first 3 MINUTES of going live...crazy), but I just had to register so I could get that email saying, "Sorry, but you didn't get in the top 40" and close the door knowing I had "tried." So I registered at 10:40. Ha. And then went about my day, finished work, got into my car to go home...
And then the phone rang.
"Hi Caroline, this is Kelly Clark. (AH!!! World famous photographer on the phone with me!!!!! :))Well, you didn't get in the top 40, but all the photographers decided we'd stay an extra week and have the same seminar over again with a different group of 40. You made it into that group! Do you want to come?"
Oh, the irony. What a situation. I'm pretty sure I'll never forget this haha.
Love, Caroline
P.S. No, I'm not going to the workshop. I just can't right now, but all in all it's a hilarious situation. I hope whoever gets my spot is blessed by it. I also hope you all know that I am thoroughly enjoying this funny situation...and am looking forward to next year like nothing else!
P.S.S. And Thursday night I got to just sit and play guitar for a while, figure out some new worship songs for the coming semester, and worship my amazing, loving, God...who does indeed have an awesome sense of humor :)
P.P.S.S "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O Lord, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare!" Psalm 40:3-5. That pretty much sums up my heart right now. So joyful :) Thank you Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment