Thursday, June 21, 2007

CAUGHT YA LOOKIN!

So, today as I was attempting to turn left on a busy street, I saw this truck with this huge word art thing on the back that said "CAUGHT YA LOOKIN!" For some strange reason, I immediately felt guilty. Ha. Then I laughed. Then I felt irritated. It was great. Dumb truck.

Last night I was reading Ephesians 2 and I was so struck by what happens here:

3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.

Wow, ALOT is happening in those few verses, FAST! We go from being objects of God's wrath, to sitting in the heavenly realms with His Son! You would think that would be something that would take place over a few thousand page books, but no, it's all within the same paragraph! And that's the way His forgiveness is in our lives. Immediate. Really take time to read those verses deeply and realize how much God is doing.

I struggle to believe God forgives, but I believe it. Part of me still thinks He remembers my weak moments somewhere and will pull them up when I make Him angry (probably because that's how we are as humans). But He doesn't. Ephesians said it. Oh, my heart is so at rest with that truth.

My mom and I are going out of town this weekend for a girls weekend! How exciting! :) It will be very good to hang out with my mom. I don't get to see her a whole lot. Wahoo!

Have a good day and leave random comments!

No comments: