Saturday, November 3, 2007

November's Top 5!

Am I seriously already writing another Top 5? This month flew!! Okay, well here's the Top 5 for November (Top 5 is made up anything that catches my eye if you were wondering.)





1. Raise your hand if you were looking for a PLAID coat this winter! Look no further than American Eagle! They even come in different colors and have a detachable hood. You can bet your bottom dollar that I asked my parents for this one for Christmas. :)









2. Chilly? Go buy some really cute thick tube socks (or knee socks), pour in a few cups of long grain rice, sew the end shut and you've got yourself a new best friend: a heatsock! Once you make yours, put it in the microwave (NOT the oven) for 1 or 2 minutes. The things stay warm forever! I use mine (or, um...actually my roommate's) when I go to bed to keep my feet warm. They also feel great on your neck (or anywhere else). You'll have your own little heating pad- no plugs required!







3. I love free stuff. And I love Mars Hill Church in Seattle. So it stands to reason that I love their free podcast on iTunes! Rob Bell is an amazing teacher, and I'm so excited about his sermon lineup for Christmas! Make sure you subscribe by December- it will be a four week Advent series (sermons by week will be: Do Not Be Afraid, Joy, Glory, and the Peace of God). What a way to get ready for the glorious celebration of Christmas!



4. Looking for a sweet gift or something to make stellar invitations? Look no further than Angela Adams! These stationary designs are simple and balanced, but retro-fun and colorful! Totally mix and match-- anything goes! I especially appreciate her little slogan, "Shouldn't you be inspired by the thing that you use everyday?" :)







5. Ready for some ultra-lounge Christmas music? Grab a copy of Christmas Cocktails-- some of the jazzy-est and most classic Christmas songs ever. The best part? It's on iTunes! More good news? There are three (maybe more) volumes, so you won't get tired of the same ol' songs. Another Christmas music recommendation: Michael Buble's 5 song EP "Let it Snow!"



There ya go!

On a more heartfelt note, it's been a rough past couple of weeks for me dealing with stress and school, and I'm sure it's been that way for lots of other people out there. It's just that time of the semester when everyone seems exhausted. I was flipping through my Bible the other night and came across these few verses that spoke peace to me, and reminded me that we have a heavenly home that we will soon see. This is a truth that cannot dim: I will see God!
Behold I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered...but be glad and rejoice in what I will create. For I will take delight in my people. The sound of weeping will be heard no more. Never again will there be an infant who lives but a few days or an old man who does not live out his years. Isaiah 65:17-20 (a bit paraphrased)
Much love,
Caroline

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey dear Caroline!

Thanks so much for writing!! I have missed you in the blogosphere (hehe)... anyhow, I totally know how busy things can get with school. Christmas is almost here though... hang on!!!!!!!!! I love your top five posts :) They are so much fun to read!

I hope everything else is going well with you these days. I would totally try your rice in the sock thing... but it's still in the 90s here!! (grrrrrr...) Oh well. Praise the Lord anyway!

Love you.
Rachel

ps. if you're ever in AZ you're going to let me know right? ;)