Before I even jump into everything I feel I could write, I just want to marvel at how God created our minds and emotions and everything that makes us "us." It is mindblowingly complex. It's cool to look at the big picture and know that God is the God who created mountains and galaxies, but I think it's even more incredible to see His attention to detail. Each breath. Syllables. Shadows. The color red. Such tiny things that he gives His attention, all while keeping the big things in order. We serve a God who is everything.
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! Rom 11:33
These past few days, my mind has not been on the things of God. I've wanted God's leading, but my heart has not put forth the effort to seek Him with all my heart. It's a lesson I've learned a million times, but all my frazzled-ness is calmed when I am in the Word. I finally let down and just read and thought out loud to God a little bit ago...the peace makes it seem like I was never freaked out. And my heart is absoluteley welling up with the love that God must have for His children to offer such peace again and again. So good. So beautiful. And so sweet.
Since my mind hasn't been on God these past few days, my mind has been on myself. Selfishness was the name of the game (and IS the name of the game alot of the time). I do not want it. I want to wake up every morning and ask myself why I am so selfish when I've been given so much. Father please help me get it in perspective.
I was talking to Kassie last night at the NSO paramount movie showing and we were talking about how worrying and selfish thoughts can get us stuck and we miss life. She was telling me that Chase (her boyfriend) always asks her, "Kassie, can't we just live?"
If you've read this blog for any amount of time, you are probably thinking, "Is this an entry from last month. Because it sounds the same." :) You would be right. I get selfish, then realize how dumb and dangerous that is, then come back to the Lord with such joy that He is yet again taking me back. I wish I was a perfect person so that I could give God a great rap on earth...but did anyone catch something wrong with that sentence?
God can make His own great rap. Sorry Caroline.
I don't really understand the mastermind plan of God :) but this I know-- 1. I can't understand it fully (Isaiah 55:9 go look it up), and 2. God is good anyway (Psalm 84:11, go read it. And notice it says "Blameless" which means forgiven...not perfect).
Anyway, I hope you are all having wonderful days and I hope that somehow the Lord uses this to inspire you to Him. As always, I'm greatful to you for reading. :)
Seriously, go look up those verses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment