Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

Last night, I had the craziest series of dreams. I'm not even sure how to describe how real but random they were. All I know is that at one point, I was suddenly called on to sing "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" for a random choir performance. When I woke up, it was like my mind would not stop singing that song. I just simply couldn't think of anything else. It was pretty neat. :) So today, the message of that song has just really been on my mind and I love it! Here are the lyrics:

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ah Caroline... that is so good!! I love that song. Thank you for the reminder of it this morning! Your blog encourages me to keep pursuing Him!!! How great indeed is his love for us... I had an experience confirming that this morning too... I'll have to write about it sometime :) It is so so so awesome to see how He is at work in another believer's life...

I've been reading in Revelation recently... and I'm excited to meet you someday around that glassy sea!!!

Have a wonderful day,
Love,
Rachel

Rachel said...

so just another note :) The Lord brought the words of this song to my mind today at a specific time that really encouraged me... so thanks for having them up!!!