I've been so reminded of the faithfulness and strength found in the Lord. I have been in a place where I've tried to do things on my own...and it's all been in vain. I haven't gotten anywhere at all. But yesterday, I felt the Lord calling my heart to be with him at lunch. Surrendering to Him changed the rest of my day completely and it was wonderful! Not like my day was perfect, but my heart was at peace.
Then as I was driving later, the Lord put the word "repentance" on my heart. It's a word that has been on my heart a lot. When we struggle and struggle with the same sins over and over again, we begin to wonder what's going on. Why are we still struggling if we are Christians? I think the answer lies in repentance. We may be sorry for what we've done, but are we repentant? The Lord simply said to me yesterday, "I've called you to have a heart of repentance right now. That means you do things My way. Not for your own happiness. You don't have to struggle between how you feel about the situation and what I say about it anymore...it's only about what I say. When you do these things, everything else will be taken care of." It may seem weird, but I feel like this truth has totally set me free! :) I'm excited to embrace this truth. Thank you Jesus.
Father, this moment I am choosing the way of truth. I want to set my heart on your words. Help me choose the way of truth the rest of my days. Let it be so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hmm.. this is so good. Thanks for sharing it. It reminds me alot of something that Clay always says ..."it's not about me" ... it's not about our desires but just about our Lord! hmm... good stuff! Thanks for the reminder :)
Have a wonderful day my friend!
Post a Comment