Well, we had our weekend of sunshine and apparently it's time for another storm. I love watching the darkness gather on the horizon, waiting in anticipation. I know this is weird, but storms actually make me feel safe. I think it's because I know Who makes them and it is evidence that He is in control.
This weekend was so good! Saturday I got to hang out with some of my dear friends from HS. We went swimming, got coffee, talked alot, and then went to Melina's house and SALSA DANCED! I love it! I also stayed up til 4 AM (which never ever happens anymore...responsibility, jobs, ya know) and got to hang out with Meg. She's now on her way to Switzerland! Wow...maybe some day I can go to Europe :) Later though, Kassie, Chase, and Megan came back and we went to the pool and were loud and obnoxious, just having the time of our lives playing silly middle school pool games. When we got back to the house, Jenn and Dan were there and they had cooked AMAZING hamburgers for us! How sweet! Then we got to see Kassie and Jenn's new apartment (which is adorable). I'd say this weekend was a winner!
One of my dear friends, Elizabeth Brown wrote this and I wanted to share it:
"There's something wonderful about being a woman. I dont know if its just the fact that I have desire and vision for beauty or the fact that every little detail of the smallest thing can fill my heart up to the brim. As a woman it is easy to relate to God as the lover of my soul, but i also see the need to know the mother of my soul, that he celebrates the feminine, that those joyous little details are there to intice me to praise him for his tender awe inspiring handiwork. There is also power and authority in being woman that is not supposed to look like man. Picture Galadriel, Joan of Arc, "I am no man". God, where is your church? She is hiding, afraid of what she's been told to be. She thinks she herself is not good enough, that she must compete with man, but she has her own role to play, just as man does, and there is nothing frightened or hidden about her. She will rise to mother, love, and fiercely defend those she as laid in her heart. Woman completes the image that God designed. His church must have both sides serving him boldly and to their fullest capacity."
I love that vision. It is my heart. Although I struggle with it so much, I believe the Lord has called me to share that message with girls and women. Hm. Having the Lord walk beside me is so sweet. I have nothing to fear.
Man, it's really pouring rain now! The streets are like creeks! I love it!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Caroline! Aw! I'm so excited :) I feel like a have a totally unexpected friend! Thank you so much for you prayers.. it's humbling and thrilling to know that the Lord can and does cover us with prayers... even in such random ways as by a blog!! I am and will be praying for you too. Your blog has been so much fun to look at... I love the quote you had from your friend about being a woman... it really makes you think.
Thanks for being a highlight to my week!! (I feel like it's just anothing example of the Lord being faithful in ways that are "more than we could ask or imagine!") It is so awesome to see that someone in another state... and for practical purposed in another world, can be so similar because the same Lord is King!!
Grace and peace to you!!
much love,
Rachel
ps. I love dark chocolate and the Ragamuffin Gospel too! hehe.. :)Have you ever read "Abba's Child" it's by Brennan Manning too... it's really good!
Post a Comment