Music has found a place in my life again and I am enthralled!
When I first started college, my friend Amanda and I were ALWAYS playing some gig somewhere (i mean nothing special AT ALL, just local coffee shops or churches-- although one time we played at The Door in Dallas!). Man, I remember how much a freakin' blast it was to haul all the equipment, analyze other band's drummers techniques, chords, etc., sit in the studio for hours, and talk to other musicians about pedals and stuff. Haha. We really weren't hardcore or anything but the atmosphere was so fun! We quit all that stuff our Junior year because life got crazy you know :)
But now, after hanging out in the studio with the Look to the Sky boys and going to two CD release concerts this weekend, I've just realized how much I missed that music stuff. And live local music, man, call me crazy but I don't think I've heard a live local performance the past 6, 7, 8 months (or something like that). I LOVE local talent! Local is way better than the big guys because you probably have some sort of personal connection to the locals.
Also this weekend, I got to play the piano. I mean really PLAY the piano. I bruised my fingers haha. I grew up playing and my favorite thing to do was improv (I still can't really read music well after years of lessons), but I hadn't played a piano in probably half a year. It was so encouraging and worshipful to just sit down and sing to the King all by myself, making my own music to Him. Ahh, I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
I've led worship with a guitar for a girl's bible study the past year or so, but for some reason I forgot it was music. Music is so passionate and worshipful! The way the Lord gave us fingers to play with, voices to sing with, minds to write with...such a gift! It is so beautiful and it is such a gift! Music can get mundane in the church because it's what we do every Sunday and, well, every time we get together...but harmonies and beautiful sounds and the emotion music carries...it's not mundane.
In the same way I've seen my view of the world around me shifting through photography, I now see my view of music shifting. It is all for the glory of GOD! All of it's beauties and complexities point to OUR GREAT GOD. And he makes gifted people to point others to Him. How I want to use my gifts to point others to Him!
Man Lord, what's next? What are you going to radically change my perspective on next? Because I'm ready!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment