Summer is officially over, the pool at our apartment is turning green, but I'm excited about Fall. I LOVE the promise of Fall and Winter. Tonight seemed extra Fall-ish because it was brisk, windy, and there was a lightning storm off in one corner of the sky. Perfect for a "spooky night" setting...though I honestly prefer seeing it as beautiful and awe-inspiring. I'm not one that gets into Halloween much. Megan says she's going to change that in me this year. Haha. But as I was rushing from my car to the door tonight in the dark, feeling the night air, I got excited about being freezing all the time, wearing a coat and socks, and the smells of the season. My mom even brought me candy corn in a little pumpkin bowl for the apartment!! I'm so excited. Candy corn is the Casey family tradition for Fall.
This week has completely been flying by. But tonight I had a photography gig! This is the first time I've had time to pick up my camera this week. It's a stark contrast to last week when I had sometimes more than two gigs a day. I like that I'm suddenly calling them gigs, like it's music or something. :)
I feel a little overwhelmed with photography and the thought of everything that will go into starting this business. There seem to be so many details to work out, so many vendors to get with, so many forms to type up. But at the same time, I feel so blessed to have found this deep passion in myself. It is such a gift from the Lord! Kassie and I were talking last night and she was mentioning how she feels she doesn't have her own passion, her own thing that she loves and can do for the Lord. It just hit me that I am so freakin' blessed to have had the Lord throw this photography opportunity at me. Seriously, it feels like he threw it at me. In my face. :)
Hey guess what? It's raining right now!!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment