WHAT THE DEUCE!?!
A few days ago, bludomain.com (a website that designs photography websites for professional photographers worldwide) announced a contest:
Blu will pit 5 photographers against one another in a creative battle that will take place in front of the world and Blu's audience and judging panel. Competitors will feverishly work and their cameras will document the 5 different assignments that Blu gives each photographer. 5 days later we will award one winner. In addition to the fame & glory the winner will receive 2 iPod Shuffles. Choose any two colors! The winner will also receive 2 - $25.00 iTunes cards and $100.00 in CASH. Blu's Open Casting Call Photographers will receive a unique "noun" daily. Each daily assignment will be due in 24 hours.
Somehow, out of hundreds of applicants, I GOT CHOSEN!!!! ONE OF FIVE!!!! WHAT?!?!
So I'm unbelievably stoked. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Check me out:
www.bludomain.com/blog.cfm
AH!!! This is the most exciting day of my life! Okay, maybe not, but it's up there!
Before I freak out more, I just want to notate that I am so amazed by my God. There seems to be way too much to say about this on levels that are way too personal for blogging, but I am amazed. He has been refining me this summer through photography (you can look at older posts for more about that). I have lived with this huge "fear of man" my whole life. And my Lord has said, "Enough." I've always known that I've struggled with it, but I've never given it up to Him...until now. He's apparently gotten fed up with me living my life halfway, always afraid, and not allowing Him to reach His potential through me. And He is working it out of me. He is working it out of me, and it is good.
I've actually surrendered myself to prayer with photography, and WOW. Can I just give you a rundown? Okay...bought my camera on September 6 (first off, I wasn't expecting to have money to buy it until Christmas). In exactly one week I have been offered to second shoot three weddings, actually shoot a wedding myself, got chosen out of hundreds for this contest on Blu, have a couple more random shoots people have wanted me to do, AND while I was writing this blog entry, I found out I may have a job offer with an incredible local photographer. The Lord is doing things so fast, my head is spinning. It's just one thing after another. PRAISE HIM! I'm in LOVE with Him! He is ASTOUNDING me!
And all these gifts were showered on me during THE hardest time I've ever faced.
What.The.Deuce.
Our Lord is too good. Too good! Jesus...thank you.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Caroline!!!!!!
First, I've totally missed you!! Second, thank you for the update and letting me know what's going on. You have been on my heart my dear sister... and I will continue praying for you! But what a testamony your blog is right now! It is amazing to see what the Lord is doing... it really is. Thank you Lord. He is so faithful to give us hope.
love you and am happy to be back in touch!!
Rachel
p.s.
I saw your new pics on facebook... they are amazing :) That camera must be a blast!!!
Post a Comment