Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer Sum Up!

Here comes school! Five days and counting! I'm actually not that sad to see summer go like I usually am. I think that's because I'm graduating this year, and I'm just ready! Besides I can't wait for the crisp fall weather! (All seven days of it we get in Texas, sandwiched between summer and winter.)

Anyway, my friend Lilly wrote a summer sum up on her blog and I just liked the idea, so here goes!


1. Joined a gym. (Yesss! Long term goal--done!)

2. Booked several weddings! Yay!

3. Went on lots of road trips, all in Texas, but still a blast!

4. Took a summer school course...

5. Saw dear friends get married: Emily&Josh, Hailey&Adam, Kassie&Chase.

6. Launched my website and got biz cards.

7. Helped lead a Bible study for some girls I know who are about to start college.

8. Got addicted to coffee :)

9. Worked...alot...a whole lot.

10. Got to lead worship all summer for the small group Beth Moore study I was in.

Yay! There's a great summer right there! Even though it was CRAZY busy and I was frustrated at that fact, it was a very good summer. I'm thankful for each of those things.

I want to cultivate a thankful heart as school is starting. I found myself complaining already about a professor I have...no need for that, especially when school hasn't even started! Last night, during our last Beth Moore sesh, she said something that I think will stick with me forever, "If you want to be set apart in this world as we are called to be, just stop complaining! Stop grumbling about your job, your spouse, your dinner, etc. The world will notice VERY quickly that something is different!"

Cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really, really like that idea that Beth Moore had. Great way to set yourself apart.

I am glad you had a good summer! Can we make time to hang out some this fall? Please?

Suzanne said...

Oh, my goodness! That is profound!

And, by the way, I got a chance to look at the wedding photos for Chase and Kassie. So great! I'm really proud of you!

Love!