Hi friends! Last Thursday I headed out of town with Scott to visit his oldest brother's family+his twin brother in San Antonio. What fun we had!! We spent Thursday swimming with all the family at the neighborhood "Rec Center" (It was gigantic! Even had a lazy river...and we took full advantage of that!). Since Scott's oldest brother has 2 kiddos, we played pool games that I haven't played in years! Diving for sticks, the color-dunking game, handstand contests, Marco Polo, racing, tag, and general horseplay :) It was a bbbblast! Swimming has got to be one of my favorite activities ever! We loved it so much that we actually all went to the pool every day of our visit!! Anyway, after being thoroughly waterlogged, we headed back to their lovely house and cooked out for dinner.
I had my two cameras with me, so Scott and I each had our fill of photo-taking...thus the extravagantly long photo post :) Here we are just lounging around at the house.

This is Scott's nephew, Heston, playing Playstation!

Here's Noah, Scott's other nephew.

Friday, we all went to the Alamo and Riverwalk (and we got to do the fun boat tour!). Check out how cool the Alamo is!!
Kidding! :) Here's a real one...
We wanted a cool jumping picture, but it took a few tries.
We finally got one!

This is Scott's twin brother and his wife.
I got a little hungry on the Riverwalk...
Noah was contemplating. That green grass was just so inviting! How could anyone say no?!

Saturday night, Scott and I went to the Riverwalk again, but this time it was just the two of us. It's such a different experience at night! Gorgeous! All the lights reflecting off the water were mesmerizing. We found a sweet little table at a deck restaurant upstairs (so there weren't tons of people walking around) and enjoyed the night talking, laughing, and taking photos. I was amazed at how well my camera did in such poor lighting conditions! My favorite story of the night though, was how we got shivved at this one restaurant. We put our name on the list, waited and waited, watched people walk up and get tables, and finally left, moving on to a restaurant where they really care about people. 



Here's Noah, Scott's other nephew.

Friday, we all went to the Alamo and Riverwalk (and we got to do the fun boat tour!). Check out how cool the Alamo is!!
Kidding! :) Here's a real one...
We wanted a cool jumping picture, but it took a few tries.
We finally got one!
This is Scott's twin brother and his wife.
I got a little hungry on the Riverwalk...
Noah was contemplating. That green grass was just so inviting! How could anyone say no?!
Saturday night, Scott and I went to the Riverwalk again, but this time it was just the two of us. It's such a different experience at night! Gorgeous! All the lights reflecting off the water were mesmerizing. We found a sweet little table at a deck restaurant upstairs (so there weren't tons of people walking around) and enjoyed the night talking, laughing, and taking photos. I was amazed at how well my camera did in such poor lighting conditions! My favorite story of the night though, was how we got shivved at this one restaurant. We put our name on the list, waited and waited, watched people walk up and get tables, and finally left, moving on to a restaurant where they really care about people.
:)
By the way, "shivved" as defined by the urban dictionary means "to be stabbed with a piercing instrument, like a screwdriver." :) What an amazing word.



We wandered into this hotel lobby with the COOLEST furniture around!
What a great night!! But wait! There's more. Watch for Part two, coming just as soon as I can get the photos loaded :)
1 comment:
please disreguard my comment on your other post...good close-up of you and Scott! i'm glad you had fun, his nephews are soooo cute! how old are they...just kidding.
Post a Comment