Hi friends!
The Lord blessed the socks off me tonight! Tonight was "Fields of Faith" a sort of huge youth rally out at the football stadium where bands play and stuff like that. I wasn't planning on going, but on my way home from my parent's house, I decided to just drive by and see if I could hear the music. I'm kinda a dork like that, I know. Anyway, I realized Branch was playing so I stopped the car and got out to just stand at the fence for a minute. Everyone else was on the other side of the football stadium so I was by myself.
Then this dad and two little kids walked up to the fence because I guess the kids were curious as to what was going on (they were riding bikes around). I could hear the dad explaining was going on and reminding the kids about Jesus. I figured the kids were so young that they hadn't accepted Christ yet, and it was like you could see the love and joy this dad had in training up his boys to love the Lord. Plus they just looked like they were having a fun bike ride anyway. It was so encouraging and wonderful. Plus Branch had just started playing a new favorite song of mine...so yay!
I decided to go ahead and walk around to the side of the stadium where all the youth kids were and watch the show for a bit. That was a blessing too. I always have moments with God when I show up to something I wasn't planning on going to, or something I'm not really a part of. I guess that's just because it's like I sneak in the back and surprisingly enjoy it with my God...it's just me and Him for a little while no matter how many people are around. Hope that makes sense.
Also, I got to get Branch's new CD which is incredible! Since their CD release party a few weeks back, I've wanted to get that CD but they don't have it on iTunes...and that's pretty much my only means of music...CDs are so old school :). But I bought it! The one single time I have a check with me!! NEVER EVER EVER do I carry checks or cash...I guess cause I'm a poor college kid who carries the tiniest purse you've ever seen; but I definitely had a random check with me tonight! YAY!
So, good surprise blessings tonight. God is good.
P.S. Today it actually felt like Fall outside!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Caroline! I miss being in touch with you! I am sorry I have been so bad about it recently. How is school treating you? I love the story of the night you got you "socks blessed off" :) We are blessed indeed.
Much love my sister!
Rachel
Post a Comment