Saturday, March 1, 2008

The top 5 for March! a.k.a The Longest Post in the World!

Sub title for this post: Oh no, I'm a blog slacker!
Instead of blogging this month, I've been taking advantage of the purely lovely warm weather, basking in the sun, taking long drives to the lake, dancing around the house, and staying up too late. Oh yes, and doing school work of course. :) But to make up for my absence, I have some of the coolest things to bring you in this month's edition of le premier cinq. AKA the Top Five! (Can you keep a secret? This is more or less an inspiration post than a Top 5 post...but shhh, don't tell.)
1. Wanting some new tunes for your iPod? Welcome Rue Royale into your life with a big hug and a few high fives! I can't even describe them, you'll just have to listen and be delightfully surprised (if you have music taste that's anything like my own). They have a new album out on iTunes that was just released the day before Valentine's Day! Where have I been!?
2. Yay for gorgeous! Check out the photos for New York Magazine's new airy Spring line. Click on the slideshow.

3. Hello J. Crew with your inspiring photography and wonderful argyle sweaters made just for Spring. I personally don't have $128 to drop on one, but maybe you do. :)
4. Lines and Shapes connect us. Cool design and I just like this website's line of thought. No pun intended.
...Okay, the pun was intended. I like corny jokes :)

5. Whoever invented the alphabet had no idea what kind of artform they were providing the world with. Make your own or find some inspiration searching "typography" on Etsy! (We all love Etsy!!)
***And just in case you were wondering what I'm up to these days***
Wearing: No make-up. I woke up late for work this morning :)
Listening to: Of course I'm listening to Rue Royale's new stuff!
Eating: A Hershey kiss...wish I could find more around here.
Photoshopping: Pictures for my dad's business website.
Loving: The fact that I got to dress up and go to a ballet last night!
Excited About: A family photo shoot tomorow...first in a while it seems!
Reading: Up on who I should vote for as Prez'08.
Feeling: Like making dumb abbreviations (as made obvious by that "Prez'08" up there).
New Hot Spot: Don't make fun, but the campus library. If I take my mac with me, I can listen to other student's shared music while I study. Not illegal!
Laughing at: Everything Obama is doing for me, like commenting on my blog and folding an origami crane for me. Do yourself a favor and go here. Relax, I don't know who I'm voting for yet. But it's still just funny. Keep refreshing the page to get more of what Obama is doing for you :)
Feeling Special because: My birthday is in March! Oh boy!
Love you all,
CarolineJoy

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

I love listening to Rue Royale. :)

lauren Zaffos Photography said...

Hi Caroline,

My name is Lauren Zaffos and I got your link from my friend Renee's blog. I am trying to build a community of photographers in the Abilene area.

I am holding a creative shoot this Friday and was wondering if you would be interested in joining? :)

I have a post on my blog that you can comment on if you are interested!