Friday, March 21, 2008

Honey, I'm home!

I'm back from Spring Break '08 and it was...GREAT! The secret destination location was Rockport, Texas! Meg and I left on Saturday, drove all day, and then arrived on the beach! It was such a fun week filled with fun on the beach (like laying in the sun, playing in the waves, and flying kites!), shopping trips, ferry rides, renting a new movie every night, DELICIOUS food (including my favorite restaurant: Charlotte Plummers!) and the Texas State Aquarium! Wahoo! I needed a week like that. :)

Pictures/Videos will be coming soon!

Now it's back to reality, and I'm really not complaining. I feel more focused after having a week of total fun and relaxation. I'm a little nervous about how much homework I have to do before Monday...and the week after that, teaching every day...but I'll get it done!

Right now I have photography fever! My creative juices are flowing, and I want to make some stellar shots! I've got a few engagement sessions coming up the next few weeks, and I'm SO excited about them! I keep getting lens/equipment lust though! The 24-70mm is a'callin' my name. ...Caroline... But don't forget about my exciting news from my last post. Still a "secret" but I'm sure if you run into me somewhere, I'll spill the beans. :)

I really can't explain how refreshed and refocused I feel after this week. Simply wonderful. :)

One night, after hanging out on the beach all day, I ran across this verse: "Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when I made the clouds its garment...when I fixed limits for it when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt'?" Job 38:8-11

The next day, that's all I could think about while watching the ocean waves roll in and out. God, my God determines exactly where those waves stop. Wow. Our God is so powerful and so in control! And He is good. In the deepest sense of the word, He is good. I got to experience some of His goodness to me this week. Beautiful.

Make sure to watch out for some photos from the week in a day or two!

No comments: