Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well friends, I hope you all had a simply delightful Valentine's Day. As #5 on the last Top 5 post mentioned, I love Valentine's Day! And February 14, 2008 did not disappoint. Let me tell you all about it. :)

First of all, I got to sleep in which equals "YAY!" But I mean, really, what's new? I get to sleep in alot. :) I took the holiday as an excuse to look really cute, which meant I got to wear my new heels all day...wahoo! (Check out the link...if you're looking for ultra classy black heels, look no further than Payless!) Classes were fun and laid back, and around 5 o'clock I headed to Chase and Kassie's where they had prepared a delicious dinner for all of us singles, dating, or whatever your status may be! We started the night off right with some Communion, celebrating the Lord's love above all, and then enjoyed our "love feast." :) I love my friends!

After dinner it was off to the Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys concert!! YAY! It was incredible. If you've never heard them, go here and listen! The best part, however, was the fact that I got to be that girl who was smuggling pro camera gear in to the show. :) I had a blast meeting up with other photographers, swapping sick lenses, and walking past all those velvet ropes and "Balcony Closed" signs like they meant nothing. I got some sweet shots! I'd be posting them, but they are not on my computer yet. Kyle Trafton (who helped me SO MUCH as I started in photography) is the BEST for walking up to me and handing me his new $1500 lens. I had so much fun playing with it! So much fun, in fact, that I got kicked out of the balcony. :) I love it!!

Getting to try those new lenses gave me a renewed passion and excitement about photography! Using the same lens for...ever gets a little boring. Great! Now I have another really expensive something to add to my list of "To buy." :)

To top it off, I got to have a stellar phone conversation with my friend Shyla after the concert, AND I came home to a rose and iTunes gift card from my dad! Aw...I love my dad! :)

Much love to you all!



No comments: